Originally born from two recipes. The first, based on a slight modification to a filling from a major baking website. The second, for the crust, recited from memory over a phone call and hurriedly written down before again forgotten!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a glass 9x13 pan with parchment paper
- Mix crust wet ingredients together
- Add flour for the crust and combine
- Press into the baking pan
- Bake 17 minutes
While crust is baking…
- Sift filling sugar and flour together
- Add filling eggs and lemon juice
- Whisk until completely combined
Once crust baking is completed…
- Set oven to 325
- Pour filling over the warm crust
- Bake 22-26 more minutes (until the center is set and no longer jiggles)
- Cool at room temperature 2 hours, then refrigerate before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired!
Shortbread Crust Ingredients #
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Splash of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
Lemon Filling Ingredients #
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice (~4 large lemons)
Licensed under CC BY-NC