My partner and I found this recipe in an old college cookbook, and then heavily modified it to remove nightshades while still keeping a rich flavor! This is one of our newer favorite recipes and will probably evolve over time.
- Mash the beans, but not too much (use a food processor, blender, or just a fork).
- Add the onion, corn, salt, garlic powder, cilantro, and rosemary. Combine all ingredients.
- Add flour until the other ingredients all stick together sufficiently to make a patty.
- Pan-fry the patties in oil for 2-3 minutes/side. Be careful– the outside may quickly appear cooked while the inside is still squishy and raw.
- 2 15oz cans of black beans
- 1 15oz can of sweet corn
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp rosemary
- ~1 cup whole wheat flour
- oil (olive or canola)
Licensed under CC BY-NC