Some of us have unfortunate allergies that make a typical lasagna an itchy and uncomfortable affair. I originally got this recipe from my partner’s mom, who found it online and modified it to taste. Give it a try and enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 350f
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the mushrooms, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Cook undisterbed for 5 minutes until golden, then stir and continue cooking until carmelized (3-5 more minutes).
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add the butter, garlic, and oregano (and salt and pepper to taste) to the now empty skillet. Cook ~30s until the spices are fragrant.
- Quickly whisk in the flower and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the milk and broth, bring to a boil, then stir for 1 minute.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, and stir in all the fontina and 1/2 cup of parmesean cheese. The cheese should melt completely to make a smooth sauce. One prepared set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, pesto, and ricotta. Set it aside.
- Return to the gresed baking pan. Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce on the bottom of the pan. Create a layer of lasagna sheets (3-5).
- Spread half the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the mushrooms, and another 1/4 of the cheese sauce. Create another noodle layer.
- Spread the remaining ricotta and mushrooms, add another 1/4 of the cheese sauce, and top with a final noodle layer.
- Pour remaining cheese sauce over the top noodle layer. Top with the 1/2 cup of parmesean cheese.
- Bake uncovered ~45 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and sufficiently browned to taste. Let cool 10 minutes before serving!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 12oz of mushrooms, roughly torn
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced or grated)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups chicken broth (can use veggie broth to make vegetarian)
- 2 cups shredded fontina
- 1 cup grated parmesean
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 2 (10oz) packages of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 box lasagna noodles
Licensed under CC BY-NC